You have got a rescue dog and you are wondering that your dog does not speak to you? Well, you are wrong. The dog may not speak to you in your language, but it does speak to you.
We are listing out a few of the main manners in which your dog talks to you about important things. So, whether you have adopted any of the rescued dogs or abandoned dogs, you can understand your pooch’s body language in these ways:
- When they bring something to you. You may be noticing that your rescue dog brings things to you. This essentially means that they want to play. He could bring a toy, a stick, or a sock, whatever it is, for him it means it is playtime.
- Tucking in the tail. If you notice that your pooch is tucking in his tail and has his head down, he is letting you know that he is afraid of some situation that is happening around him. If you don’t notice it and get him out of the situation he is in, he may even get aggressive or bite if he gets badly scared.
- Panting: Even when it is not hot, you may observe that your dog is panting he is, in that case, telling you that he is stressed, and you need to change the current environment. If you do not do that, you may continue to stress your dog.
- Whining: If your dog is whining, he may need to go out to do his job or maybe he is thirsty or hungry. He may also whine if he is excited. Sometimes when he is stressed as he may be tied in a certain place. You must in that case research and find out the reason why he is whining in the first place. Sometimes it could be something as simple as the dog is standing next to the door and wants to go out.
- Snapping head: Many owners do not notice this one. Sometimes when you are either touching or holding your dog and the dog snaps his head, it means that they are not comfortable with your touch in that area. Sometimes, it can be an issue if not understood and the dog may get even aggressive which could result the dog in biting as well.
So, whether you have brought home rescued dogs or abandoned dogs, understand their body language well so that you can build a better relationship with him.