Ben Spencer found out that his Boxer puppy Cali was allergic to bees at the worst possible moment. He found out during his drive home in the middle of the highway. Cali suddenly vomited all over the car seat and Ben immediately pulled onto a shoulder.
Ben got Cali out of the car and put her down. Unfortunately, Cali just kept on throwing up thick and yellow bile and experiencing diarrhea. Fearing for his dog’s life, Ben called 9-1-1. Lucky for Cali, the lady at the end of the line knew exactly what to do in this emergency.
Rushing to the veterinary clinic
The kind woman immediately directed Ben to a nearby emergency vet clinic. Ben’s heart pounded as he drove to the clinic. Frantic thoughts filled his mind. He wanted to save his best friend. He wanted to make sure that this story will have a happy ending.
Ben drove quickly, weaving through traffic and trying to get to the clinic as soon as he can. Meanwhile, Cali just kept throwing up in the car. By this point, the poor boxer puppy was weak and exhausted. During this ordeal, Ben kept talking to his friend and reassuring her that she’ll be alright.
Saving Cali’s life
Finally, Ben reached the clinic. A vet tech met them, grabbed the sick dog, and took her to the examination room. His relief at finally taking his dog to the vet overwhelmed Ben. He cried.
The veterinarian at the clinic handled the situation professionally. The vet explained that Cali was allergic to bees and told Ben what he needed to know about Cali’s condition. Meanwhile, the vet and the technicians hooked Cali up with the right combination of fluids and medicine. They told Ben that Cali will be okay.
This experience taught Ben about what really mattered in life. When he saw that Cali was in danger, he immediately acted to save her life. The puppy was his best friend and he was ready to drive like crazy just to reach the vet clinic as quickly as possible. Ben’s quick and decisive actions helped save his dog’s life.